I suddenly realised that I’ve been being posh ol’ Rebecca for nearly a whole year now. Mini whoop!
My life is unrecognisable from this point last year. I’ve met new people, I’ve seen new places, I’ve experienced some of the greatest things on earth. Which is totally cheesy but I’ve genuinely done quite a lot of cool stuff. I’ve written lists and made goals and really embraced the “Get Up And Get Shit Done” approach to life. And it totally paid off.
And yet, I still find reason to complain. It’s human nature to slag off what we hate instead of praising what we love, but when I go for drinks with my girlies and we’ve had a few glasses of wine, the bitching and whinging and in-depth analysis of everything bad that’s ever happened to us comes out. It’s always easier to remember the bad things than it is to appreciate the good stuff.
So here is my Reverse Bucket List. Things I’m thankful for. Things I appreciate. Not just from the last 12 months, but the list of amazing things I’ve done and totally forgotten about and need to appreciate a lot more. If you’re one of my old friends reading this and realising I’ve missed something totally important and awesome, please add it to the comments – the more awesomeness the better.
- I’ve seen some of my favourite bands in the world. Paramore, Nickelback, McFly, Busted, Muse, my childhood obsession Green Day live at Reading, and the men after my own heart, Steel Panther, three whole times.
- I’ve been to some amazing shows and productions, including Derren Brown’s live show a total of four times, Dave Gorman, Ross Nobel, Tim Minchin, Romeo and Juliet at the Royal Opera House, a huge range of West End shows including Grease and Wicked, Avenue Q on Broadway, The Chippendales in Vegas and the Moulin Rouge in Paris.
- I’ve even seen the NFL at Wembley Arena and bought a big foam hand thingy
- I’ve met some of my heroes and idols, including Richard Hammond, James May, Derren Brown, Tim Minchin and Greg James.
- I’ve fulfilled my life dream of visiting America, during which I saw New York city, the Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls, Washington DC, the Walk of Fame, Yosemite Park, the Golden Gate Bridge and got drunk in a party bus down the Las Vegas strip.
- I’ve had champagne in The Ritz, at the top of The Shard, in The Moulin Rouge in Paris and on a steam train through East Grinstead
- I’ve stayed in amazing hotels in London, Paris and New York, with Tiffany jewellery from each city to accompany
- I’ve been on school trips to Spain and Italy where I performed up mountains and sang to hundreds of people by european lakes
- I’ve learnt to play the cello, the double bass, guitar, ukulele, bass and have sung at concerts infront of thousands of people
- I’ve jammed in a rock band and played bass in my skinny jeans and Doc Martens
- I dyed my hair orange! And it didn’t fall out!
- I passed my driving test and even my motorbike CBT training
- I’ve driven my dream car (Audi R8) over 100mph on a racetrack and taken my second dream car (Audi TT) for a test drive on the real life roads
- I’ve been taken to work in an Aston Martin and picked up from work in an Ariel Atom (which I’ve also driven super fast round a test track)
- I’ve eaten foods from all over the world even though all I ever want to eat is macaroni cheese
- I’ve skydived from an aeroplane and taken helicopter rides over some of the most famous cities
- I’ve worked for ITV and networked with some senior members of the BBC, Channel 4 and Bauer Magazines
- I finished school and went straight into a super cool job at a photography studio, and now I have a super cool job at a newspaper publishers
- I’ve been to a super fancy summer party courtesy of BP with free cocktails and bottomless sweets and drunkenly left my handbag in the taxi home
- I’ve started my own blog (hello) and am writing for two of my favourite online magazines
- I actually finished school, even after the years of bullying and humiliating I endured. And I survived it unscathed.
- I even passed with 7 A*s at GCSE and 3 As at A Level, and finished with a ‘lifetime achievement’ (ie 7 years) in Music
- I’ve endured 4 tattoos, and I still love all of them
- I’m about to go to the BAFTAs with two of my bestest friends and have the perfect excuse to go and buy an overly expensive and extravagant dress.
- I’ve met hundreds of amazing people. I’ve loved a small selection of them, and fortunately lost even less. And yet I’m still here and still trying.
- I have killer boobs and never have to worry about being malnourished.
- I have no student loan, no credit cards and absolutely no debt.
- I’m only 21 and have the rest of my life to achieve anything else I’ve missed. I’ve got another 10 years before I even have to pretend like I’m a proper adult.
- I still have a whole list of stuff I want to achieve and a whole page of goals to keep working for
- I might not be Scarlett Johanson, but I don’t look like I used to anymore. In fact now I look killer.
Bye all. Will be back with more excitement soon, hopefully. x